Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Heap of Challenge Update





Heap of Change Challenge / join us as we declutter our spaces from heaps of shame to award worthy change! on FunkyJunkInteriors.net






As I shared last week I'm participating in the Heap of Challenge over at Funky Junk Interiors. The first week has been successful for me !! I'm posting my first update as to what I have accomplished.

BEFORE........



AFTER ......... yes there is light 








BEFORE .........It never ceases to amaze just how much junk is collected over time. 



AFTER.....

For the record the bookcase will have a final spot in a closet - just need to declutter it after the basement has been completed.  The drywall behind the pew will be installed over the next couple of weeks. If these things are completed before the challenge is finished I'll add the pics. 



I am so happy with how much cleaner this small area feels. I have sorting boxes all laid out so that I can put things in them as I go along.  A box for garbage, donating to charity, recycle and scrap metal. This has been key to limiting the number of times I move it around. I also work for small blocks of time - go down for an hour or so then on to other things. It helps to keep it in perspective for me rather than feeling completely overwhelmed. !

Check in next week to see how I continue to do.

Have a great day,
Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment