Sunday, January 18, 2015

Documented Life Page

I had some fun last evening working on my page for the Documented Life Challenge Week 3.

If you aren't familiar with the Challenge check it out here Art to the 5th and best of all it's FREE - yep  I said Free !!!


I used my Dina Wakely acrylics and just placed drops of the various colours all over the page. I used my finger to spread the paint out in circles - finger painting !! I also added a few circles of book paper  just for a little texture. I sprayed on some Dylussions paint in hot pink over the book paper then gave the entire a page a misting of white. Once that dried I used my pen to outline some of the circles, added the phrase with rub ons and finished it off with a strip of wash tape.

I'm using this as my gratitude journal so each day I write on or two things that I'm grateful for. It was funny because when I started the page I wasn't so sure, however now that it's finished I really like it.  I guess patience is what I'm learning :-)

I'm soon going to head downstairs to work on my basement clean up for the Heap of Challenge over at Funky Junk Interiors. I have found this challenge to be so fun and fulfilling. The thought of purging my basement with the intent of better organizing it so that I can do my chalk painting and building small "junk projects" has me so excited. Guess what !! my dear friend Evelina texted me that I had 5 comments on my blog !! Wow what really - little ole me ????? sure enough I popped on  and there they were 5 comments about the basement cleanup. I was thrilled because when I started my blog it was always for me - just to share the things I was working on. I thought if someone commented great however it wasn't an expectation I had. I was tingling with excitement though when I saw the comments....between you and I could have fallen off my chair when I saw even Donna herself from Funky Junk Interiors commented. ( I love that woman - junker extraordinaire !!)
Evelina reminded me that if I responded then I would have 10 comments!! Oh yes I better get on that we texted with smiles and tee hees.
The whole day I thought about how fun it was to see the comments. It reminded me that a small gesture such as that brought a smile to my face, so of course I'll be paying that forward.

Well off to the basement !
Have a wonderful Sunday and please don't underestimate the joy that a small gesture gives.

Hugs,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment