Thursday, October 2, 2014

Coffee Table

Well I'm back from my girls crafting weekend. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend and so relaxing. I cannot put into words just how much we enjoy getting together to craft and just hanging out.

Thank goodness for my girlfriend Evelina - she saved our weekend ! Before my other girlfriend Mona and I and her daughter Morgan arrived Evelina and her daughter Emma headed to their cottage to get it all set for our arrival.  So glad they did because across the path into the cottage was a tree that had fallen. It blocked the way to the cottage - imagine our concern that we might have to trudge up the LONG path with our sewing machines, craft supplies, food, and of course wine !!
However Evelina being the extraordinary woman she is - pulled out her handy saw and cut the tree up before we arrived. We received updates on route and sure enough as we arrived we were greeted by a cleared path and a wonderful fire warming the cottage.

                                        Hurray for Evelina - she saved our weekend !!

Check out this view as we crafted - is this not heaven !


Yesterday, I finished up a coffee table I had snagged at the Goodwill for a mere $10.00. It was solid and sturdy and just needed a little chalk paint update. 


I chose to paint it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Graphite. I lightly distressed the edges to give a worn look. I then used the ASCP- Country Gray on the legs to highlight the detail. After that a coat of clear wax then followed it up with some dark wax to add some depth to the table. I'm thrilled with the finished look.  I have no idea where I'll put it, however I loved every minute of working on it.  !!





Well I'm off to finish up a couple of mending projects that require my attention.  Have a wonderful day !

Hugs, 
Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment