Sunday, August 10, 2014

Garden Tools Box

I'm so excited with how this repurposed item turned out. I found this sturdy nice sized mailbox at the thrift store for only $7.00. That's a great price considering its size and the thickness of the wood.
(yep, the apple embellishment had to go !)



I had seen on Pinterest (love ! love ! love!) a mailbox converted to hold small garden tools in the flower bed. Talk about a convenient idea, especially given how much I love my gardens. Yesterday I turned the above mailbox into this .......



I honestly can't tell you how happy I am with how it turned out. I painted it with ASCP (of course). This time I based it in Graphite then coated it in Emperor's Silk (which is definitely going to be a colour I use more of - love the richness of the red) I stencilled the flowers on with graphite, and used my Cricut to make a stencil for the words. I distressed it to allow the graphite to come through the red in spots then waxed it with both clear and dark wax. The dark wax helped to give it that aged look. Finally, because it's going outside I gave it a few coats of an outdoor varathane to preserve it. 

I'm absolutely in love with it! 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do !!!

Hugs, 
Diane 



No comments:

Post a Comment