Sunday, September 14, 2014

Little side table

Sorry for the lapse in sharing. I can't believe that summer is over and we are headed in to fall.
Can you believe it I even had the pool closed early because there were so many leaves falling in it !!!!

Anyhow I still found time this weekend to work on a little side table I picked up from "Rustic Sisters" on Facebook. They are a couple of local sisters who snag some wonderful finds that they then sell on their Facebook page. I've got a few terrific deals from them.

This little side table is one. I like the simplicity of it and the height, however not the colour.


Sooo... yep you guessed it I pulled out my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and gave it a fresh new look.

I painted the base in Poloma then covered it with Old White. Once the paint dried I distressed it so the Poloma would show through.  I was putting it in my bedroom so I wanted it to match the dresser I had done previously. A couple of coats of clear wax and this little sweetie is ready to go !





I'm very pleased with how it turned out and better yet how quickly it came together. It's always nice to check something off your list especially when it turns out so well !

Have a wonderful Sunday !!

Hugs,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment