Sunday, November 2, 2014

What it's November already ????

I simply can't believe how quickly this year is passing. It seems summer just ended, fall has only been a glimpse in the passing.  Crazy is all I can say !

I've been busy with various creative things. Do you ever have that time where your busy with so many different things. That's me at the moment. I'm hopping between quilting, card making, chalk painting and just being artsy in my journal.  For the most part I don't mind, however my housework is suffering :-) I love my home to be tidy and organized. However for the past month that has not been the case. So yesterday I said I was going to take care of the cobwebs and dust .... ummm yep I'll get to that later I thought as I headed out to my favourite quilt shop. I came home with fabric for two new quilts and absolutely no desire to deal with the cob webs !!

Last week I finished a lap quilt. The fabric is very special to me. My dear friend Evelina's mother in law had given her chenille bedspreads that she had packed away. Evelina cut them up and made a set of twin size rag quilts for their cottage. The remaining bit of fabric she gave to me :-) Score !!!

This is the lovely lap quilt I made with it - extra special because of the story behind it. I love to reuse things because it's the right thing to do for so many reasons.......

Don't you love my ladder. I just picked that up through Rustic Sisters on Facebook. Perfect for this quilt and the others I have to hang on it.


Sorry for this pic - the lighting doesn't show it as white as it really is.

 


Hope you enjoy the day !

Hugs, 
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment