Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chalk Paint Table

I completed the sneak peek I shared with you last week.  Thank goodness for a long weekend !!

Here it is ...my extra craft table/ writing table/ whatever I want it to be table. I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

The table started out as this - a sturdy but plain table (I'd already taken the legs off in this photo)




However I really wanted a weathered and worn look. So out came my ASCP. I based the table in Duck Egg Blue, covered it in Pure White then followed up with random strokes of Louis Blue and Coco.


Close up of the different colours after I sanded areas to let the original wood show through




I found it at the Thrift Shop for $14.00 and with a little paint and time I'm thrilled with the finished look. 

I'm planning to use it as an extra sewing table on our girls crafting weekends and sometimes I know I'll sit down at it to write in my journal or just browse through a magazine. Its the prefect size and colour for me :-)

Have a wonderful evening, 

Hugs, 
Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment