Sunday, January 6, 2013

no crafting shortage....

The start of 2013 has not let me down or rather more correctly I have not let myself down.

I had indicated that I intended to spend more time crafting this year than last. That would include not only cards but also scrapbooking, sewing, and painting too. Well I have had no shortage of time in my craft room. I have completed a page for my art journal, as well as a couple of small sewing tasks, and some cards. I am delighted !

Spending time in my craft space is good for my soul. It lets my mind clear and simply enjoy the time creating.

Yesterday my friend Mona and I got together for the day to scrapbook and make cards. It was a great day as we enjoyed some wonderful treats - warm cheese dip with crackers, a little Baileys on ice, some wine and I even stayed for dinner - homemade spaghetti sauce with noodles.  I had a terrific time just kicking back with her and I even completed some cards !

This cute card is just one of them. I love Stamping Bella images. I had a few that I hadn't inked up yet so I spent the day playing with them.  I'll show the rest of them throughout the week.

Today's image is Uptown Girl Molly makes a detour. I LOVE her and colouring her with my Copics was so fun. At first I thought uggh there is a lot of detail however it was actually no problem at all. I was very pleased with how she turned out.



I used the Enchanted Paper series from Stampin Up and the cardstock and ribbon are Riding Hood Red also from Stampin' Up.

I'm just going to pour myself a cup of tea and snuggle up with a book my girlfriend Evelina suggested. "Rules of Inheritance" by Claire Bidwell Smith. I just love a cozy evening don't you?

Have a wonderful week,

Hugs,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment