Friday, June 22, 2012

Girl's Craft Weekend @ the Cottage!





Ok it seems every time I blog a post I start out by apologizing for being MIA.  So I'm not going to do that this time rather I'll launch right into my post :-)

The other weekend my dear friend Evelina invited myself and another girlfriend, Mona to their new cottage on Lake Rosseau for the weekend to craft.  They both brought along their beautiful daughters Emma and Morgan. The cottage was incredible and the property it rests on is just breathtaking!!

We popped into town to check out a couple of the beautiful little shops and pick up a few treats for the weekend.  I love the small shops !! We got hooked on a tasty candy called Fraktels - simply to die for !

We spent the weekend chatting, eating, and of course laughing while we enjoyed each other's company. However we did do some serious crafting! We were each responsible for organizing one craft for us to do.

It was a great idea as it allowed us to learn something new and limited how much crafting supplies we brought up 'cause seriously none of us travel with less than three craft bags including Evelina! Evelina is new to world of stamping and suffice to say she is build a healthy craft supply :-)

We worked on a puzzle cube from Close to my Heart which I chose to do as a keepsake of my recent trip to NY with my daughter, niece and sister-in-law. Then we made a "love bag" filled with buckwheat using the Ticker Tape quilt technique (crazymomquilts.blogspot.ca), and finally we did a mixed media piece - SheArt created by mixed media artist Christy Tomlinson (christytomlinson.typepad.com)

All the pieces turned out beautiful  it was a blessed weekend away with the girls and our crafts.

Thanks Evelina for sharing your little piece of heaven with us...

Guess what we are all going back in the fall for a rag quilting weekend !
  ......Hey Ev will let Bill know we have the cottage already booked and this time we need someone to spark up the Big Green Egg barbecue for us !!

Hugs,
Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment