Saturday, June 21, 2014

So glad it's the weekend !

I am so glad it's the weekend! This has been one of those weeks where so many things seem to have been more difficult and complicated than planned. I tend to look at every situation as an opportunity to learn something from, however this week a couple of things had me shaking my head. So to say I was glad to see the weekend come would be an understatement. I was in some desperate need of creative time.

Well I was not to be disappointed. Last night was art journal class at my fav store Scrapping Great Deals. Whew what a wonderful outlet to unload all the week's woes !!!
It took only a couple of minutes with the wonderful group of ladies and I was laughing away as I created my page.

We were playing around with different texture mediums layering them on our pages.That's one of the beauties about art journalling - you can keep layering until you get what want or you can layer over what you don't want :-) Yep, I've done that! That wasn't the case last night in fact I was very pleased with how mine finished.

Have a peek .....

This morning I'm off to pick up some chalk paint to paint my kitchen cupboards. I'm excited to start them in the next couple of weeks.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, 
Diane 



No comments:

Post a Comment