Sunday, July 26, 2015

Back from Vacation !

I am back from vacation and what a relaxing vacation it was!  Went out west to visit my brother and SIL in Saskatchewan.  It was incredible, we painted their kitchen cupboards with ASCP in Old White. It brightened up their space beautifully. We also worked on a wood porch for them to sit out on.  I read a few books - hardly find time to do that when I'm home so to have read three books while there  was so nurturing for me.

The prairies are so beautiful if you've never been please make it a point to go there just to see the beauty of the land in such a stunning yet simple setting.


The gorgeous purple of the flax fields !!



We went to Montana for a few days to sight see and shop at some of the quilt shops. We also went to Alberta to shop at my favourite quilt shop Crazi Quilters Lair - love Randi, Elaine and Dennis - the sweetest people you will meet!

My SIL has turned her life around incredibly by losing weight through eating and exercising (over a 100 lbs!!!!!). I'm so proud and inspired by what she's done.  She spent our vacation coaching me on how to make better food choices and care more about what I eat. I came home 8 lbs lighter ..I know eh back from vacation lighter than when I left :-) It's exactly what I needed to get on a better track health path.

I have actually been crafting too, certainly not as much as usual however it is summertime so I like to be outside in the gardens if I can.

So I thought I'd share a couple of the art journal page that I've completed.

This one was done using Dyllusions acrylic paint - lovely to use! I then just added layers of different colours and patterns, added the Donna Downey Poppy stencil and few more layers of paint and Viva Cream. I'm pleased with the finished look.


This page was done using a Prima stamp for the girl's face, then adding extra lines of hair across both pages.  I used some watercolours paints, Dyllusion sprays, H2O's for the hair and of course my trusty black and white markers for lines and highlights. The verse is from Unity. I really like this one with all the bright colours. It just makes me happy :-)


I'm headed outside to work in the yard. It's beautiful and sunny so I love to enjoy as much of it as possible!

Have a wonderful Sunday !!!
Hugs,
Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment