Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fall here already??

Hi everyone,

Incredible that it's September already,  where the heck did summer go?? I have been busy - you know the good kind of busy spending time with friends, working in the garden and even crafting.

I had the most wonderful experience learning to paint from a beautiful artist Annie Lockhart. Her work is so inspiring and her personality was incredible!! Just a blessing of a woman !!. You can find her work here at Annie Lockhart Soulful Paintings

We spent two days painting from our soul- amazing !!. I was so pleased with the two pieces I completed. They are bright and full of colour.

I've always wanted to be an artist so in many ways this was a dream come true for me because I left the workshop feeling like artist :-)

These are my two pieces which I still need to offically title.

I'm thinking of calling this one "Meadows"



and this one "Happiness"



In addition to painting I also completed a repurpose of a wood tray that I snagged for $2.00. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue then used Old White to paint the grain sack lines and stencil the word Vintage. I was super excited to use my Vintage stencil. I just recently purchased it in a set from Funky Junk Interiors. The stencil is so sturdy and nice to use. I'll be using it again ..and again... and again for sure :-)

I love the finished look of my tray- so pretty!



In just a couple of weeks I'll be hanging with some girlfriends for our Fall crafting weekend.
Woo hoo!! We all have quilts that we'll be working on. I can't think of a better way to start the fall.

Have a wonderful day !

Hugs, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment