Sunday, December 11, 2011

SheArt- She understood the need to change...



As I mentioned recently I had another SheArt to share with you. I really enjoyed painting this one :-) There is something truly peaceful for me when I spend time in my craft room creating. I tend to get lost in the colours and thoughts behind each of the pieces. As I paint there is often an inspiration in my life that starts the piece. This one "She understood the need for change" is no different.

I used acrylic paints, and a texture medium Jo Sonjas texture paste to give the raised look to the fleur de lie while the rest of the painting is composed of images done with scrapbooking paper or stencils, and of course my favourite finishing piece is rub ons! they let me fill in any gaps or just add that finishing touch where needed.

I still have not even started my Christmas cards and really not sure I will, however we'll see. I cannot imagine a year without handmade Christmas cards  :-(  Actually I have to finish organizing my craft room I started to purge and still have not finished...hmm me thinks that means I simply have too much!! Yes you heard me correctly I have too much!!!

Well I best get up and at my day !

Have a wonderfully happy day!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment