Friday, May 1, 2015

Shelf Upcycle!!



So this was a very fun project for me. A friend's son purchased his first home. As they were cleaning it up to move his stuff in they came across this old shelf- gotta love the heart cut out!!


They were going to toss it out, however that little upcycler in me just didn't think that was necessary. Soo...out came the chalk paint for a little refresh in a lovely shade of Graphite. I had also decided to trim down the side curves so it wasn't quite so feminine looking in the "guy house ".


Okay now how to get rid of the heart, well a trip to my local Home Depot solved that - some aluminum from HVAC aisle held in place with upholstery tacks.

So what was once a country treasure ...


has been turned into a manly more industrial look !!



As I said this was so much fun for me. I hope you enjoyed it too !

Have a wonderful weekend!

Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment