Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jar of Fireflies



There are lots of things that I just love about summer! The sunny warm weather, our beautiful flower gardens, swimming in our pool, ice cream, barbecues, vacations.. the list is endless. However there is nothing more peaceful than sitting in our backyard at night listening to the sounds of the forest behind our home with the magical flicker of the candles and garden torches lighting up the yard. Last night as the rest of my family was off visiting with friends I got to do just that. I sat out back for hours silently taking in the summer ambience all the while reflecting about life and just how fortunate my family and I truly are. As the candle and torch flames eventually faded, they were replaced by the light of the many fireflies dancing about in the night air....

Today's card let's me hang on to this moment a little longer. It's High Hopes - Jenny's Glow Bugs and don't you just love her. I have stamped her image on Wassau paper cut with my Nestabilities, the cardstock is Stampin' Up's Tangerine Tango, the DP is from my stash. I have accented the card with some bright blue ribbon and a coordinating button.
The Copics used were R05, R22, C1, C4, E15, E17, E40, G82, YG63, B000, B23, B45, BV000, and BV08

I hope you enjoy her and remember to take time to sit back and just simply enjoy the beauty of summer!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment