Monday, April 18, 2016

Good Morning, 

We have just enjoyed the most beautiful weekend and I have today off work on top !
The weather was so warm and sunny - the neighbourhood was filled with people out washing cars, cleaning garages and little kids on their bikes. All wonderful and happy things.

We had our girls craft weekend - woo hoo ! This time it was at our friend Mona's home. The food was so scrumptious, the time spent together is always so good for the soul and of course the creations are always beautiful. This year Morgan and Emma ( my friend's teenage daughters) worked on their own quilts. Squeal!! so super exciting. Morgan made the sweetest rag quilt and Emma a beautiful strip quilt. As soon at they are finished I hope to post pics. It's so nice to see them enjoying the girl's weekends with us. 


My friend and I are working on a star quilt together (Oh my stars quilt along) This quilt has been in progress for over a year. We leaped in all excited, then somewhere along the way we seemed to get discouraged.This weekend was the do or die moment, thankfully we regained the motivation and excitement (although suffice to say we won't likely do it again...atleast that's what we say now)  We nailed it !!! we made so many blocks. Evelina finished all the medium and large and I made a considerable dent in the small. There is now an end in sight. The quilt will be so beautiful and it felt so good to really dig deep and say we can finish it! 

Here is a pic of it after our weekend efforts!




Finally, although I've been absent from my blog - no particular reason other than sometimes you feel you simply need a break. I have a few cute cards to share that I've made of recent. 




Have a wonderful day! 
Hugs, Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment